Top 5 Guidelines for Choosing the Best School for Your Child
Parents are always concerned about making the best choice of a school for their child. Choosing a school can be overwhelming in today’s time as there are many schools to choose from.
Each child is unique in terms of growth, development, and skill set. So, the requirement of a perfect school may vary from one child to another. However, let us a look at 5 common factors that a parent should keep in mind while choosing a school for their child. These steps will help you identify the key elements of a good school.
- Proximity: This is one of the most important, yet often overlooked factors when considering a school. You may identify a very good school, but it may require more travel time. Initially, it may not seem as a hassle, but a hefty commute may not only burn a hole in your pocket but also tire your child out. An easy and quick commute is also a blessing in times of unforeseen events where parents may be required to pick up their children from school.
- The curriculum: Different schools offer different curriculum. Choosing a school is also about what kind of curriculum you want your child to follow. The commonly followed curriculums are – the SSC Secondary School Certificate, CBSE Central Board of Secondary Education, ICSE Indian Certificate of Secondary Education, IB International Baccalaureate programs to name a few. Each of these follows different teaching methodologies and it is essential for parents to know the pros and cons of each curriculum before enrolling their children in a school.
- Academics and Co-curricular Activities: Holistic education is a healthy mixture of academics and co-curricular activities. In terms of academics, the best school will follow an exquisite curriculum with both theoretical and practical knowledge. Good, approachable teachers are essential to lay a strong foundation and later build up the interest in the child with skill and expertise. At the same time, interesting and fun co-curricular activities such as sports, music, speech and drama, art etc build up curiosity and imagination in the child.
- Hygiene and cleanliness: This is the most important factor that has been highlighted in the recent pandemic. The school environment needs to be clean, safe, well maintained, naturally lit and airy for the children to learn and play. The parents should do a hygiene check of the premises when they visit it – are the classrooms spacious, are the equipment’s cleaned before and after use, is proper sanitation and disinfection being done on a regular basis, are there the sufficient number of clean toilets for both staff and students etc.
- Student-Teacher ratio: This is another significant factor when choosing a school for your child. Schools with a low student-teacher ratio are more desirable as students get individual attention in this. Furthermore, the teacher can comfortably monitor each child’s progress thereby fostering the best in each child to the optimal level.
To sum it up, various factors affect the growth and development of your child. So, it would be ideal to choose a school that fits the maximum number of requirements. Last but not the least, the perfect school is the one where your child is happy and enthusiastic to go every day.
Vishwajyot High School, Navi Mumbai is one of the best schools and is well established, fulfilling each of the above requirements and offering much more to every child. We wish you all the best and hope that these tips will help you to make your decision easier.